Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup sour cream
- to taste oil
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can Ortega chiles, diced
- 8 corn tortillas
- Cook chicken; reserve broth.
- Chop chicken.
- Grate onion and garlic into sour cream.
- Add a little stock to thin cream.
- Soften tortillas in hot oil; drain on paper towels.
- Wrap chicken and all but 1/2 cup cheese in tortillas.
- Place enchiladas in large baking dish.
- Mix green chilis into sour cream mixture and spread over enchiladas.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours.
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes.
Excellent easy enchiladas - Even tho I did not refrigerate -- also used mozzarella instead of cheddar so that the other flavors would not be drowned out. So good, so fattening, but I didn't care!
Wow! These were good! I used flour tortillas instead of corn and also added a little adobo seasoning to the sour cream mix.I only used five flour tortillas since they are larger than corn tortillas and they fit perfectly into a 8 X 8 X 2 baking pan. The recipe didn't state when to add the last 1/2 cup of cheese so I baked the enchiladas for 30 minutes and then added the rest of the cheese and baked for 10 mins. more. Turned out great! Thanks for the recipe Gilcat2!