Recipe by Queen of Everything
A savory meal to go. Lunch, or a quick dinner on the go for those busy weeknights full of soccer practice, piano lessons and Boy Scouts.
- 1 (7 ounce) box oat bran muffin mix
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box corn muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 cups cooked chicken (bite sized peices)
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine muffin mixes, milk, eggs, creamed corn and margarine.
- Add chicken, chiles and cheddar cheese, stirring to combine.
- Gently fold in cubes of cream cheese, trying to keep their shape intact.
- Using an an ice cream scoop sprayed with non-stick spray scoop mixture into greased muffin pans(I have not had much success with paper liners for this recipe).
- Bake for 20 minutes.