Recipe by Lainey6605
This healthy dinner can be made in 30 minutes! This is a recipe I created for RSC#13. I have made some changes due to some of the reviewers' comments.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This was excellent. I'm glad you made the changes because it worked out perfectly for me. I loved the chickpeas in this. Broccoli slaw is my favorite too. This stew has some crunch and lots of good veggies in it. You could definitely make this vegetarian too. We weren't sure about the cucumbers in it, but it was pretty good. I will be making this again. Made and Reviewed for PRMR. Thanks! :)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2-15 1/2 ounce) candiced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup zucchini, cut in chunks
- 1 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1⁄2-1 cup cucumber, cut in chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the flour, paprika, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t ground black pepper in a plastic ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken to the bag and shake to coat the chicken well.
- Heat the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add the chicken and saute 5 minutes (turn chicken to brown evenly).
- Add onion, cumin, cinnamon, remaining salt and pepper; cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Simmer, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and broccoli slaw mix.
- Cook 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the cucumbers.