1/2 Photos of Chicken & Chickpea Stew
This healthy dinner can be made in 30 minutes! This is a recipe I created for RSC#13. I have made some changes due to some of the reviewers' comments.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or more)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2-15 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup zucchini, cut in chunks
- 1 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2-1 cup cucumber, cut in chunks
- 1Mix the flour, paprika, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t ground black pepper in a plastic ziploc bag.
- 2Add the chicken to the bag and shake to coat the chicken well.
- 3Heat the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4When oil is hot, add the chicken and saute 5 minutes (turn chicken to brown evenly).
- 5Add onion, cumin, cinnamon, remaining salt and pepper; cook for about 4 minutes.
- 6Add the chickpeas, diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- 7Simmer, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- 8Add the zucchini and broccoli slaw mix.
- 9Cook 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- 10Stir in the cucumbers.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Chickpea Stew
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 516.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: