1/1 Photo of Chicken Chettinad Dry
This is a traditional Keralite (South-Indian) preparation. My hubby loves the authentic flavour and since its a really simple dish-its one of my fav recipes. It might get a little spicy, so do adjust the recipe according to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind the ginger and garlic into a fine paste.
- 2Next,dry roast and grind red chillies, pepper, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and turmeric; keep aside.
- 3In a non-stick saucepan, heat oil and sauté the ginger garlic paste till light brown.
- 4Add the chicken pieces and the roasted and ground powder.
- 5Cover and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat. Add 1/4 cup water and cook till completely dry.
- 6Stir occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- 7Separately,heat 1 Tbsp oil and fry the shredded coconut and curry leaves till light brown.
- 8Pour this mixture onto cooked chicken and stir once again.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chettinad Dry
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 403.3
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 96.0 mg
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 32.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: