Girl from India's Note:
My SIL gave me this recipe which was given to her by a restaurant chef. I loved the flavours and the arome of this dish when it was cooking and it tasted wonderful too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken
- 4 dried red chilies, broken by hand into pcs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut, grated (khopra) or 2 tablespoons fresh coconut, can be used
- 2 teaspoons spices, of cardamom,peppercorns,cloves and cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon walnut sized ball of tamarind soaked in water
- 1/2 cup curry leaf
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in a wok or fry pan.
- 2Roast the coconut, dry red chilli pcs,coriander seeds, whole spices and curry leaves till aromatic.
- 3Then add the onions and fry till brown.
- 4Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 5 mins more till the raw smell is gone.
- 5Add soaked tamarind pulp, chicken, salt and coriander powder.
- 6Add 1/2 water if you need a thick gravy.
- 7Cook open for 10 mins.
- 8Cover and cook till chicken is done.
- 9Garnish with fresh cilantro or coriander leaves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chettinad
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 664.1
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 173.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 45.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: