Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My SIL gave me this recipe which was given to her by a restaurant chef. I loved the flavours and the arome of this dish when it was cooking and it tasted wonderful too.
- 1 chicken
- 4 dried red chilies, broken by hand into pcs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut, grated (khopra) or 2 tablespoons fresh coconut, can be used
- 2 teaspoons spices, of cardamom,peppercorns,cloves and cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon whole coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon walnut sized ball of tamarind soaked in water
- 1⁄2 cup curry leaf
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Heat oil in a wok or fry pan.
- Roast the coconut, dry red chilli pcs,coriander seeds, whole spices and curry leaves till aromatic.
- Then add the onions and fry till brown.
- Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 5 mins more till the raw smell is gone.
- Add soaked tamarind pulp, chicken, salt and coriander powder.
- Add 1/2 water if you need a thick gravy.
- Cook open for 10 mins.
- Cover and cook till chicken is done.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro or coriander leaves.