Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Chicken breasts covered with a savory sauce of horseradish and brown mustard then topped with melted white cheddar cheese and bacon--served over a bed of steamed green beans. This can easily be cut in half to serve four.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and coarsely chopped
- 8 cups fresh green beans, steamed and seasoned (whole)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (for sprinkling over top)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and chill.
- Lightly spray a foil-lined baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast fillets in baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or so until chicken is done (170°F on meat thermometer in thickest part of the chicken). When chicken is done, place on an ovenproof serving platter.
- Top breast fillets with the horseradish-mustard sauce, sprinkle with the cheese and then the bacon pieces.
- Broil 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until the cheese is blended with the sauce and lightly browned.
- To serve, first spoon steamed green beans onto plate and top with chicken breast.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
Sharline, Love that sauce, it makes the chicken delicious.Easy to make and a nice dish to serve to guest. I cut the recipe in half and also used the lowfat mayonnaise. Dh loved it. Thanks for posting, this recipe is a keeper.
So delicious! I tweaked the recipe a bit the second time and added sliced mushrooms with the bacon for the final step. The horseradish is my favorite element. Do yourself a favor and try this! Can be made healthier by using lite mayo, Daiya cheese, and "Facon" (vegan bacon) ... can't tell the difference I promise!
A hit with the whole family! I added extra mayo to the sauce and threw some almonds on top. So yummy! Even the leftovers tasted GREAT!