Recipe by Sharlene~W
Chicken breasts covered with a savory sauce of horseradish and brown mustard then topped with melted white cheddar cheese and bacon--served over a bed of steamed green beans. This can easily be cut in half to serve four.
Top Review by Barb G.
Sharline, Love that sauce, it makes the chicken delicious.Easy to make and a nice dish to serve to guest. I cut the recipe in half and also used the lowfat mayonnaise. Dh loved it. Thanks for posting, this recipe is a keeper.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and coarsely chopped
- 8 cups fresh green beans, steamed and seasoned (whole)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (for sprinkling over top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine mayonnaise, horseradish, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and chill.
- Lightly spray a foil-lined baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast fillets in baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or so until chicken is done (170°F on meat thermometer in thickest part of the chicken). When chicken is done, place on an ovenproof serving platter.
- Top breast fillets with the horseradish-mustard sauce, sprinkle with the cheese and then the bacon pieces.
- Broil 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until the cheese is blended with the sauce and lightly browned.
- To serve, first spoon steamed green beans onto plate and top with chicken breast.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.