Recipe by Ally #2
Spruce up lunch with this innovative sandwich packed with dried cherries and veggies! Chicken Cherry Wraps are a lower calorie, lower fat "dress-up" version of the traditional chicken salad. Replacing regular mayonnaise for nonfat yogurt, lowers the fat and adds calcium. Dried cherries and veggies perk up this sandwich, adding nutrients, flavor and color.
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added nonfat lemon yogurt (low added sugar, such as Cascade Fresh)
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts (8 oz)
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup shoestring carrots
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8- to 10-inch) or 4 sun-dried tomato tortillas (8- to 10-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in chicken, cherries, carrots, cucumber, and green onion.
- Mound about 3/4 cup chicken mixture just below the center of each tortilla.
- Fold in sides, just covering edges of chicken mixture.
- Roll up from one side, jelly roll fashion.
- Serve seam side down on a plate.