Ally #2's Note:
Spruce up lunch with this innovative sandwich packed with dried cherries and veggies! Chicken Cherry Wraps are a lower calorie, lower fat "dress-up" version of the traditional chicken salad. Replacing regular mayonnaise for nonfat yogurt, lowers the fat and adds calcium. Dried cherries and veggies perk up this sandwich, adding nutrients, flavor and color.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup no-sugar-added nonfat lemon yogurt (low added sugar, such as Cascade Fresh)
- 1 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken breasts (8 oz)
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 1/2 cup seeded and finely chopped cucumber
- 1/3 cup shoestring carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8- to 10-inch) or 4 sun-dried tomato tortillas (8- to 10-inch)
- 1Stir together yogurt, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, curry powder, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- 2Gently stir in chicken, cherries, carrots, cucumber, and green onion.
- 3Mound about 3/4 cup chicken mixture just below the center of each tortilla.
- 4Fold in sides, just covering edges of chicken mixture.
- 5Roll up from one side, jelly roll fashion.
- 6Serve seam side down on a plate.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cherry Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.1 mg
- Sodium 664.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-sugar-added nonfat lemon yogurt
honey dijon mustard