Chermoula is a Moroccan blend of herbs and spices traditionally used for preserving or seasoning meat or fish. Here it is used as a quick baste for chicken. Recipe adapted fromWomen's Weekly 50 fast chicken fillets mini-recipe book. Recipe is gluten-free as written but ensure spices, yogurt and chicken stock are suitable. Serves 4
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced thinly (1.5 pounds approx.)
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped coarsely
- 4 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium red onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red lentil, rinsed in water (200 grams)
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock (630 mls)
- 200 g baby spinach leaves (7oz)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped (leaves)
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 1Combine chicken, parsley, lemon rind, spices, onoion and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large bowl.
- 2Heat a wok or a large frying pan. Stir-fry chicken in small batches, until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- 3Meanwhile, combine lentils and stock in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes or until the lentils are just tender. Drain.
- 4Place lentils in a large bowl with the spinach, coriander, mint and combined vinegar and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss gently to combine.
- 5Serve chicken mixture on the lentil mixture, drizzle with yogurt and sprinkle with some extra green herbs for presentation.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chermoulla With a Lentil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.2
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 428.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 53.4 g