Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend made this for me one evening and I've been making it ever since.
Make and share this Chicken Cheesy Florentine recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesstouffer frozen spinach souffle, defrosted
- 18 ounces cooked boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup shredded low-fat swiss cheese, divided (4 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine Spinach Souffle, rice, milk, 1/2°C swiss cheese, onion, mustard and salt in a large bowl; stir well.
- Spread into bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan; place chicken on top of spinach mixture.
- Combine breadcrumbs, butter and remaining swiss cheese in small bowl; sprinkle mixture evenly over casserole.
- Cover casserole with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 25 to 35 minutes; remove cover.
- Continue baking for 10 minutes or until spinach mixture is set.