Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was found on a foldout attached to a can of Kirkland Seasoned Chicken Breast Meat.
- 1 cup carrot, shrredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken breasts
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cook carrots & green onion in hot butter for 10 minutes or until tender but not browned.
- Stir in flour, then slowly add milk, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce & black pepper, cooking & stirring until thickened & bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken & cheese, cooking & stirring over low heat until cheese melts.
- Best served hot.
Yummmmy! This was easy. I did use real chicken instead of canned and I added garlic. Thanks, Syd.
Very nice and tasty. Other than adding a dash of onion powder, and using 2% milk, this was one great soup after a long day. Great flavors here, and enjoyed by all. Made for PRMR tag.
Delicious! I sauted a chicken breast shredded it instead of using canned chicken. Also added minced garlic and subbed yellow onion for green. Came together really quickly and I licked my bowl clean!