Recipe by Steve P.
Esay and delicious Chicken Casserole with a nice Cheddar cheese topping. Try it with leftover Turkey at Thanksgiving time too!
Top Review by HoosierMomOf5
This is similar to one of our family favorites only, better. I added a can of cream of broccoli soup in addition to the two cream of chicken to make a little "gravy". The next time, though, I will reduce the cheese by half. Three cups was a bit much for our tastes. Still, this recipe has replaced the old one in my recipe file!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (, topping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the Chicken Breasts for 20 minutes, or until they are completely cooked.
- Remove them from the boiling water and let them cool.
- Once they have cooled, cut them into bite size pieces.
- Combined the Cooked Chicken, Cream of Chicken Soup, 2 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Salt and Black pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- Remove the Crescent Rolls from the cans, separate them into the pre-cut triangles and roll them out slightly.
- Put 2 Heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture in the middle of the triangle and fold the crescent rolls up.
- (The rolls should be overstuffed.) Put the rolls in a baking dish, seam side down.
- Put any remaining chicken mixture around the rolls.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until the tops of the crescent rolls are golden brown, remove, and cover the rolls with the other cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.