Recipe by Katt
This comforting cheesy combination is so simple to make and so delicious
Top Review by sbera007
Very different, but very good. I did take some liberties: extra peppers, no onions, and added some chopped celery. I used lite MR and reduced fat cream of chicken to shave off some calories. Thanks for a gut sticking low guilt meal.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine soup, miracle whip and lemon juice.
- Add the chicken, onion, peppers and 1/2 cup of monterey jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese; mix well.
- Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2 qt.
- baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted.