Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
great tasting enchiladas filled with cheese. Preparation time also includes refridgeration time. Try it with my dip Chicken Enchilada Dip#327598.
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 4 -5 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package flour tortillas
- sour cream, for topping
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup water, taco seasoning, and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well. Place mixture in a large sealed baggie.
- Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces and place in the large baggie with seasoning mix. Seal and refrigerate for 1-6 hours.
- Cook chicken in remaining oil over remaining oil over medium high heat for 15 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup salsa and remaining water and spoon over greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and spread evenly oveer bottom of dish.
- Stir together 2 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, ricotta cheese, green chilies, egg, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down center of each tortilla, top with chicken, and rollup.
- Place tortillas seam side down, over salsa mixture in dish.
- Drizzle remaining salsa over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- To serve, top with a dab of sour cream.
LOVED the addition of the ricotta in this. I think my family would really enjoy this with green chili enchilada sauce on top and I will try that next time. Yummy meal!
I love the addition of the ricotta cheese in these enchiladas. I did leave out the egg because it didn't seem necessary. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag
Aussie Swap 26: Excellent enchiladas - very filling and full of flavor!