My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 4 -5 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) package flour tortillas
- sour cream, for topping
- 1In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup water, taco seasoning, and 1 tablespoon oil and mix well. Place mixture in a large sealed baggie.
- 2Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces and place in the large baggie with seasoning mix. Seal and refrigerate for 1-6 hours.
- 3Cook chicken in remaining oil over remaining oil over medium high heat for 15 minutes.
- 4Combine 1/2 cup salsa and remaining water and spoon over greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and spread evenly oveer bottom of dish.
- 5Stir together 2 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, ricotta cheese, green chilies, egg, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- 6Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down center of each tortilla, top with chicken, and rollup.
- 7Place tortillas seam side down, over salsa mixture in dish.
- 8Drizzle remaining salsa over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese.
- 9Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- 10To serve, top with a dab of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1012.5
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.4 g
- Cholesterol 258.0 mg
- Sodium 2117.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 71.9 g