Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 lemon
- 1 (200 g) containersoft cheese
- 15 g butter, softened
- 20 g fresh chives, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices beef bacon
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (411 g) cans flageolet beans, drained
- flat leaf parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 Deg C.
- Loosen skin frm drumsticks by easing a knife between skin and flesh.
- Begin at the thickest end and work down, peeling skin back but not removing it from base of joint.
- Grate lemon rind and cut lemon in half.
- Squeeze juice from one half and slice remaining half.
- Beat cheese, butter, chives, lemon rind, juice and seasoning together.
- Spread over chicken and pull skin back over each drumstick to enclose the cheese mixture.
- Secure the skin with halved cocktail sticks.
- Put beans, bacon and onion into an ovenproof dish, season well and mix.
- Arrange the drumsticks on top, brush slices between them with oil.
- Season and tuck lemon slices between them.
- Roast for 30mins until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Remove cocktail sticks.
- Garnish with parsley, if liked.