Recipe by Deb from Ca
I have been making this dish for years. It is my adaptation of a recipe from Womens Day magazine. It almost sounds too simple to be good, but is so delicious, everyone who tries is asks for the recipe. It makes a little sauce that goes great over rice. I have used the whipped cream cheese and the regular and they both work fine.
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut the recipe in half and followed the instructions completely. I think next time I might use fresh garlic but otherwise we were very happy with this recipe and it is soooo quick and tasty. Definately one to put into my rotation. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese with chives
- 3 slices bacon
- garlic salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly pound the chicken breasts until they are about a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place about 3 tablespoons cream cheese on each breast.
- Sprinkle with a little garlic salt and roll into a bundle.
- Cut each bacon slice in half and shape over each bundle.
- Place them in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Turn heat to broil and cook another 5 minutes to crisp the bacon.