Recipe by An_Net
A great way to use leftovers. My family love these for lunch with a simple tossed salad. They also make a good main meal served with fresh vegetables. Using seasoned breadcrumbs always adds that little extra. I've made small balls to take along to bring a plate nights.
- 6 large potatoes
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, chopped
- 118.29 ml cheese (cheddar or your choice)
- 59.14 ml bacon, pieces
- 1 egg
- breadcrumbs, for rolling
- oil (for frying)
- 14.79 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft.
- Fry Bacon pieces until golden.
- Drain potatoes and put back in saucepan, mash add butter and cream until creamy and smooth but still firm.
- Add bacon, chicken and cheese to mashed potato mixture and mix well. Cool a little.
- Combine egg and milk until fluffy.
- Take small handful of potato mix and roll into a ball. Dip into egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for 20 mins until firm.
- Heat oil for frying. Can be deep fried or shallow fried and cook until golden brown.
- Drain well.