Recipe by Sonya01
Aust WW 4.5 points 20 mins prep includes 10 mins cooling time.
Top Review by pattikay in L.A.
Easy and tasty. Instead of serving it on top of spinach, I added some spinach to the strudel itself, with good results. Like another reviewer, I also used about 6 sheets of filo per strudel - and I sauteed the onions, garlic and mushrooms in butter - making it not so weight watcher friendly : ) thanks for posting!
- cooking spray
- 420 g chicken breast fillets, diced (3 small single)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry
- 60 g weight watchers reduced-fat tasty cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- baby spinach leaves, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Coat an oven tray with cooking oil spray.
- Coat a medium non-stick fry pan with cooking oil spray.
- Place over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, onion and garlic, and cook stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Set aside for 10 mins to cool.
- Place two sheets of phyllo on a clean work surface, spaying between each with cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/4 of the chicken mixture onto the centre.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of the cheese.
- Fold to enclose.
- Place on tray.
- Coat with cooking spray.
- Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with spinach leaves.