Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
A HUGE Family Favorite!! Cheesy -- Garlicky -- Mushrooms and Chicken! YUM YUM :O) I made this up one day and have been touching it up over the years... I think we've got it! Sometimes I use the Wild Bunch, prepackaged, from our local store with Baby Bella, Shitake and Oyster Mushrooms. The mixture of mushrooms gives this an excellent flavor. But this recipe tastes good with any mushroom. If you're a big garlic fan you could add one extra clove after adding broth in step 5. Please try! I'd love to hear what you think! This recipe does not include time for making crepes. I used the recipe from the Crepe Forum and they turned out fantastic!
- 1 lb chicken breast (apr. 3-4)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced (1/2 Tbs dried minced shallots)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, sliced (or Cremini)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth (reserved)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 2 (8 ounce) bags sharp cheddar cheese, Finely shredded (extra cheesy ~ 3-4 bags!!)
- 10 -12 crepes
- In med. sauce pan combine chicken broth shallot, salt, pepper & chicken and simmer till chicken is cooked through. When done, remove chicken with tongs and reserve the broth. Chop or dice chicken and set aside.
- Saute garlic with olive oil over med high heat till fragrant 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to saute till soft 5-6 min(Do not over cook or you'll lose a lot of flavor). Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large pot melt butter over med high heat. Add chicken and mushrooms and mix well. Let flavors blend for 2-3 minute Add flour and coat chicken and mushroom pieces ~ The mix should look a little dry, that's perfect. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth reserve. Mix well and bring to a boil. Simmer until nice and thick. Add dried garlic (1/2 - 1 teaspoon to your liking). Once you get to a nice, well blended thickness turn down heat and add the cheese. Blend well. When well mixed spoon into warm crepes. (about 1/2 cup per crepe works out well).
- Serve Immediately.
We liked this and yes it made it very easy using frozen crepes (I had an eight pack which more than served 4 of us with sides). I used a mix of swiss brown mushrooms and white button mushrooms and 1 lb of chicken breast (which to my shame I overcooked) but the biggy was way too much cheese - I ended up using 5oz and would cut this back to 4oz (a Mainland sharp cheddar) and I added a good grind of pepper to mushroom, chicken and cheese mix. Yes one we will consider again but with change to suit us more, thank you Swede16tc, made for Bargain Basement.