1/1 Photo of Chicken Chasseur
1 hr 30 mins
This is a wonderful meal for friends and family. It is actually much better the day after. I use the small, brown Cremini mushrooms, but you can use the white button ones. Serve this with a crisp, romaine salad, some crusty French bread, and country red wine. Times are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts (bone-in, about 2 1/4 lbs.in all)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flour
- 6 tablespoons dry vermouth or 6 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth or 2/3 cup homemade stock
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes, canned, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a large, deep frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
- 2Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoons each of the salt and pepper and add to ther pan. Cook until browned, turning, about 8 minutes in all. Remove.
- 3Pour off all but 1 tablespoons fat from the pan.
- 4Add the butter to the pan and reduce the heat to moderately low.
- 5Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 6Raise the heat to moderately high.
- 7Add the mushrooms, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoons of the salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are browned, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 9Stir in the vermouth and bring back to a simmer.
- 10Stir in the broth, tomatoes, thyme, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt.
- 11Add the chicken and any accumulated juices. Reduce the heat; simmer, covered, until the chicken is done, about 10 minutes.
- 12Stir in the parsley and the remaining 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chasseur
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.2
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 100.4 mg
- Sodium 716.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: