1 hr 15 mins
Lastar Wellness's Note:
This is a great recipe for a large group dinner party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil 1 large chicken (real fat), 2 TSP salt. Set aside to cool.
- 2Then cut chicken into small pieces. DO NOT use skin.
- 3Skim broth, set aside 1 cup of broth.
- 4Boil 2 cups rice in remaining broth.
- 5Add 2 cans mushroom soup & chicken, 1 TBSP minced onions, mix well.
- 6Pour into 9x12 baking dish, 1 cup bread crumbs moistened with fat you set aside. Cut bread & butter slices into cubes & cover dish.
- 7Then, also pour fat over it too.
- 8Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until brown.
- 9** Do not use liver or gizzards**.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chartruse - Carolyn Chance
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.1
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 54.2 mg
- Sodium 634.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 15.6 g