Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe for a large group dinner party.
- 1 whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups broth
- 2 cups rice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushroom soup (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 slices bread, with
- Boil 1 large chicken (real fat), 2 TSP salt. Set aside to cool.
- Then cut chicken into small pieces. DO NOT use skin.
- Skim broth, set aside 1 cup of broth.
- Boil 2 cups rice in remaining broth.
- Add 2 cans mushroom soup & chicken, 1 TBSP minced onions, mix well.
- Pour into 9x12 baking dish, 1 cup bread crumbs moistened with fat you set aside. Cut bread & butter slices into cubes & cover dish.
- Then, also pour fat over it too.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until brown.
- ** Do not use liver or gizzards**.