Recipe by melinda gilbert
This recipe was given to me by my sister. It is simple to make and a hearty delicious meal. The chardonnay give a great flavor.
Top Review by ~Deux Petits Chefs!
Delicious! My brother made it and it turned out creamy - a wonderful compliment to the winter weather here! Best eaten with long grained rice! It was rather simple to make and delish! Two thumbs up!
- 1 (1 lb) package chicken thigh
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (2 g) packet instant chicken bouillon
- chopped carrot
- chopped celery
- chopped onion
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken in flour mixture.
- In dutch oven and brown chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add more butter as needed.
- Add carrots, onion and celery on top of chicken.
- Add rest of ingredients into dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from liquid and take meat off bones.
- Liquid should be on thick side like stew.
- Add small chicken pieces back into stew.
- Add more flour for thickness or water for less thickness.
- Simmer till vegetables are tender.