Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Chicken enchiladas in a white sauce.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 18 corn tortillas
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canof chopped green chilies
- Combine and mix sour cream, milk, onion, garlic powder, cream of chicken soup, and chilies in a large bowl. This will be the sauce for the enchiladas.
- In a separate dish, combine 1/2 lb shredded Jack cheese and the chicken. Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of sauce mixture to cheese and chicken mixture. Mix well.
- Soften corn tortillas in hot oil. Drain. Fill tortillas with cheese, chicken and sauce mixture and roll.
- Place filled tortillas in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Pour remaining sauce mixture over filled tortillas.
- Sprinkle with remaining Jack cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.