Recipe by Vicki in CT
Crunchy, cheesy, and delicious. From Some Like it Hot by the Junior League of McAllen TX. Whenever we grill we always cook extra chicken for chalupas, enchiladas, paninis, etc. This recipe can easily be halved.
Top Review by Classy Canuck
These were very good, and easy to make. Rather than buying Chalupa shells, which are fried, I bought a package of corn tortillas, sprayed them with just a little cooking spray, and baked them. They were great.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onion, include the tops
- 2 large pickled jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (if you like the heat use the seeds too)
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice, from the jars
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos (chopped and drained)
- 12 -18 crisp fried flat corn tortillas (known as Chalupas)
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- diced onion
- guacamole (Guadalupe's Guacamole)