Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 lbs roasted chicken meat, shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup green chili salsa
- black olives, sliced (to garnish)
- cilantro, chopped (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray large casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Lay two tortillas in bottom of dish, overlapping slightly.
- Top with a layer of chicken, a layer of cheese, and a layer of salsas.
- Repeat layers until dish is full, finishing with a layer of salsa (pattern should repeat 6 times).
- Bake until hot and bubbly (25 minutes.).
- Garnish with olives and cilantro, if desired.
This one was actually pretty good. I don't see how the OP got the amts, though. I assumed that when it said, "large casserole dish," it was referring to a 9x13 and the larger tortillas. Maybe not, though. Maybe it meant an 8x8 dish and smaller tortillas. There is no way that I could do 6 layers on here, and I ran out of salsas after just 2 layers. I ended up getting 5 layers out of it, and I used around 2 cups of each kind of salsa. It was still too many layers for me. I would have preferred less layers with more in them. Dh loved it, though. I'll keep it around for him, I guess, lol. I've been inspired by this one to try one of my favorite crockpot enchilada casseroles in the oven, though. I'm going to put it on the list soon to follow the same type of format and cook in the oven. Hopefully, it will work out!
This was delicious, but my chicken had kinda dried out. But my friend went back for second and thirds, so I have to find away for the chicken on the top stop being dry.
So easy to do - store bought ingredients that come together to make a really good meal!! I even found low carb tortillas!! Thanks littleturtle, this is definitely a keep and do often recipe!!!