Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
ZWT6 - Asia Cook time does not include marinade time.
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 907.18-1133.98 g fryer chickens, cut in pieces
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml oleo
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 22.18 ml salt
- 7.39 ml ginger
- 14.79 ml curry powder
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- Mix buttermilk and garlic powder in bowl. Add chicken and let marinate 2 hours or more. Baste and turn often.
- Melt butter in a deep skillet and saute onions 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, mix salt, ginger, curry and cornstarch together in a small bowl and sprinkle over onions, stirring until well blended.
- Drain the chicken (reserve the buttermilk) and cook the chicken in the same skillet until lightly browned. Stir in buttermilk. Cover and cook over low heat 1 1/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Baste frequently.
Great chicken dish! I don't care for onions so left them thinly sliced instead of mincing them into the sauce. I used Homemade Curry Powder (Homemade Curry Powder) and the sauce was richly spiced and the chicken was tender and delicious. I will increase the pepper flakes or add some cayenne to my curry powder next time to turn up the heat a bit. We enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for the Best of 2010 Event (recommended by Mia in Germany)
Wonderful, easy curry! I had leftover curry powder Ceylon Curry Powder from ZWT and wanted to make a different curry, and this is what my research produced. As I can't have dairy, I used coconut milk with one teaspoon tart tamarind puree, and instead of cornstach I used arrowroot. Will make this again - thanks for posting!