Recipe by Dib's
I love stuff like this in the summer. You can use leftover chicken of any kind in this salad. My favorite is grilled.
Top Review by lolablitz
Excellent! I made without chicken or sprouts and served alongside grilled steaks. Took a little longer to cook the noodles. My 4 y/o helped me make it and it was easy to put together. Everyone loved it, and that is a rarity. Thanks!
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled and shredded
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces uncooked bean threads
- 1 cup shredded bok choy
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare salad dressing, combine water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, oil, red pepper flakes, five-spice powder and minced garlic in a medium bowl-whisk well to combine.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the carrot sticks and cellophane (bean thread) noodles.
- Cook for 1 minute, drain.
- Place noodle mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chicken, bok choy, bean sprouts, green onions, snow peas, red pepper slices and cilantro.
- Toss well.
- Place one lettuce leaf on each plate.
- Top with 1 cup of noodle/chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly with chopped peanuts and serve.
- Serves 6.