I love stuff like this in the summer. You can use leftover chicken of any kind in this salad. My favorite is grilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled and shredded
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 4 ounces uncooked bean threads
- 1 cup shredded bok choy
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup snow peas, cut in half
- 1/2 cup red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons peanuts, chopped
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1To prepare salad dressing, combine water, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, oil, red pepper flakes, five-spice powder and minced garlic in a medium bowl-whisk well to combine.
- 2Set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan bring 3 cups water to a boil over high heat.
- 4Add the carrot sticks and cellophane (bean thread) noodles.
- 5Cook for 1 minute, drain.
- 6Place noodle mixture in a large mixing bowl.
- 7Add the chicken, bok choy, bean sprouts, green onions, snow peas, red pepper slices and cilantro.
- 8Toss well.
- 9Place one lettuce leaf on each plate.
- 10Top with 1 cup of noodle/chicken mixture.
- 11Sprinkle evenly with chopped peanuts and serve.
- 12Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken--Cellophane Noodle Salad With Peanut Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.8
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 769.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: