Recipe by Deantini
This recipe is from the cooking show Best Recipes Ever - which I love because the hostess Kary provides some really great and useful tips about cooking and ingredients as she goes along. Plus she has realy beautiful bowls and platters - I love bowls. Yummy dishes too. This dish is great with Indian Raita - Indian Raita (Cucumber Mix) and some naan
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Wonderful dish! Great flavor and very easy to make. Loved the addition of the cauliflower and raisins. The only change I made was to leave out the apples -- just our preference. Will definitely make this dish again. Made for Everyday is a Holiday, March, 2014.
- 340 g chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (12 oz)
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml mild curry paste
- 793.78 g diced tomatoes, 796 ml can
- 473.18 ml cauliflower florets
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 59.14 ml golden raisin
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken crosswise into strips. In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches and adding more oil as necessary. Transfer to bowl. Drain fat from skillet.
- In same skillet, fry onion, jalapeno pepper (if using) and salt, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add curry paste; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Drain tomatoes and add to skillet.
- Return chicken to pan. Stir in cauliflower florets, diced apple and raisins; cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add peas and half of the cilantro. Simmer, covered, until steaming, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.