1/1 Photo of Chicken Cauliflower Curry
This recipe is from the cooking show Best Recipes Ever - which I love because the hostess Kary provides some really great and useful tips about cooking and ingredients as she goes along. Plus she has realy beautiful bowls and platters - I love bowls. Yummy dishes too. This dish is great with Indian Raita - Indian Raita (Cucumber Mix) and some naan
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 340 g chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (12 oz)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mild curry paste
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, 796 ml can
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Cut chicken crosswise into strips. In large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken, in batches and adding more oil as necessary. Transfer to bowl. Drain fat from skillet.
- 2In same skillet, fry onion, jalapeno pepper (if using) and salt, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 3Add curry paste; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 4Drain tomatoes and add to skillet.
- 5Return chicken to pan. Stir in cauliflower florets, diced apple and raisins; cover and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add peas and half of the cilantro. Simmer, covered, until steaming, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cauliflower Curry
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.4
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 54.4 mg
- Sodium 264.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 22.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mild curry paste