zoe,owen,andliams mommy's Note:
Another great kid meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 garlic cloves, skins on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (evoo, twice around the pan in a slow stream)
- 2 stalks fresh rosemary
- 2 stalks fresh thyme
- 1 cup presliced fresh mushrooms, about 1/3 pound (have GH slice for you)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 roasted red peppers, from a jars, drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4-1 lb chicken breast tenders (1 package)
- 1 lb fresh ravioli, any flavor
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, parmigiano reggiano or 1 cup romano cheese, to pass at table
- 4 crusty Italian bread or 4 rolls
- 1Have your GH heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Place 3 cloves of garlic on a cutting board and WHACK each clove with a small heavy frying pan.
- 3Pick out the skins and chuck them in your garbage bowl.
- 4Have the GH add evoo, 2 turns of the pan, to the soup pot.
- 5Throw in the smashed garlic and 2 stems each of the rosemary and fresh thyme herbs. The leaves will fall of the stems and give a delicious flavor to your special stew.
- 6Add the mushrooms, too, and help stir as the mushrooms cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- 7Season the 'shrooms up with salt and pepper as they're cooking.
- 8Next, you or your GH can open the can of stewed tomatoes and add them to the pot.
- 9Use a sharp, small knife to chop the roasted red bell peppers.
- 10Keep your fingers on the hand holding the peppers curled under so you don't chop off a whole finger!
- 11You just want to cut up those peppers into pieces as big as your mouth; that's what they call bite-size.
- 12Add the chopped-up roasted red peppers and add 1 cup tomato sauce to the soup pot.
- 13Put defrosted chopped spinach into a kitchen towel.
- 14Gather towel up and twist it to get the water out of the spinach.
- 15Squeeze the spinach over your garbage bowl until it stops dripping.
- 16Separate spinach with your fingers and add it to the soup.
- 17Pour in chicken broth and stir the stew really slowly or it will slosh out of your pot!
- 18Have the GH cover the soup and raise the heat to high.
- 19Have the GH cut up the chicken for you on a separate plastic cutting board from the one you cut up the vegetables on.
- 20Cut the chicken tenders into 1-inch pieces and add them to the stew.
- 21Tell the GH to go wash up right away with lots of soap and hot water -- including the board -- so that the raw chicken doesn't get on anything else in the kitchen or any other food.
- 22If you touched the raw chicken, you should wash up, too.
- 23When the stew comes up to a boil again, add the ravioli and leave the lid off.
- 24Cook stew until the ravioli is almost done, about 5 minutes.
- 25Turn off the heat and let the stew cool down a little bit.
- 26Have your GH serve up the stew and pass cheese and bread at the table to go with it.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Catch-A-Tory Ravioli Stew Rachael Ray
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.9
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.4 mg
- Sodium 1978.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers
crusty Italian bread