Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another great kid meal
Make and share this Chicken Catch-A-Tory Ravioli Stew Rachael Ray recipe from Food.com.
- 3 garlic cloves, skins on
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (evoo, twice around the pan in a slow stream)
- 2 stalks fresh rosemary
- 2 stalks fresh thyme
- 1 cup presliced fresh mushrooms, about 1/3 pound (have GH slice for you)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 roasted red peppers, from a jars, drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4-1 lb chicken breast tenders (1 package)
- 1 lb fresh ravioli, any flavor
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, parmigiano reggiano or 1 cup romano cheese, to pass at table
- 4 crusty Italian bread or 4 rolls
- Have your GH heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Place 3 cloves of garlic on a cutting board and WHACK each clove with a small heavy frying pan.
- Pick out the skins and chuck them in your garbage bowl.
- Have the GH add evoo, 2 turns of the pan, to the soup pot.
- Throw in the smashed garlic and 2 stems each of the rosemary and fresh thyme herbs. The leaves will fall of the stems and give a delicious flavor to your special stew.
- Add the mushrooms, too, and help stir as the mushrooms cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Season the 'shrooms up with salt and pepper as they're cooking.
- Next, you or your GH can open the can of stewed tomatoes and add them to the pot.
- Use a sharp, small knife to chop the roasted red bell peppers.
- Keep your fingers on the hand holding the peppers curled under so you don't chop off a whole finger!
- You just want to cut up those peppers into pieces as big as your mouth; that's what they call bite-size.
- Add the chopped-up roasted red peppers and add 1 cup tomato sauce to the soup pot.
- Put defrosted chopped spinach into a kitchen towel.
- Gather towel up and twist it to get the water out of the spinach.
- Squeeze the spinach over your garbage bowl until it stops dripping.
- Separate spinach with your fingers and add it to the soup.
- Pour in chicken broth and stir the stew really slowly or it will slosh out of your pot!
- Have the GH cover the soup and raise the heat to high.
- Have the GH cut up the chicken for you on a separate plastic cutting board from the one you cut up the vegetables on.
- Cut the chicken tenders into 1-inch pieces and add them to the stew.
- Tell the GH to go wash up right away with lots of soap and hot water -- including the board -- so that the raw chicken doesn't get on anything else in the kitchen or any other food.
- If you touched the raw chicken, you should wash up, too.
- When the stew comes up to a boil again, add the ravioli and leave the lid off.
- Cook stew until the ravioli is almost done, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the stew cool down a little bit.
- Have your GH serve up the stew and pass cheese and bread at the table to go with it.