Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
By relative is on a coke ricipe find mission. Here is another one for her to add to her collection.
- 78.07 ml seasoned dry bread crumb
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59 ml Coke
- 85.04 g cooked ham, thinly sliced fully
- 236.59 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 118.29 ml cooking sherry
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- Combine the bread crumbs, paprika, salt, and pepper in a plastic bag. Place chicken breasts in the bag, and shake to coat.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts, and cook for 4 minutes on each side, or until brown.
- Remove chicken to a plate, and keep warm. Pour the cola into the skillet, and stir to remove any browned chicken bits from the pan. Add ham, mushrooms, sherry, and balsamic vinegar. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, until the liquid has reduced by 1/2.
- Stir sour cream into the skillet, and return chicken breasts to the pan. Cover, and simmer for 5 more minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, or the internal temperature is 170 degrees F (75 degrees C). Remove chicken to serving plates, and spoon sauce over.
Delicate flavor, tender and a hit. I substituted white wine for the cooking sherry I didn't have and will probably add more ham the next time--which will be soon! Thanks!
I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this one with the kind-of unusual combo of ingredients but I was really pleasantly surprised! I only had plain breadcrumbs so added 1 tsp Italian seasoning to make them seasoned. Otherwise the only thing I changed was to use cocktail sherry not cooking sherry. Served with Ranch Potatoes which made a great combo. Thanks for the recipe!