Recipe by Cook4_6
I found this on another website and it sounds absolutely yummy! Posting to try later.
Top Review by KateL
Sensational Olive Gardens at home! The sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes should not scare you off, they intensify the deep cheesy sensation and don't predominate. Why, I think I'll make mac 'n' cheese with this sauce! This recipe will make 4 Olive Garden portions. I cut back for my personal serving and feel stuffed. Made for Photo Tag.
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced or 2 ounces bacon
- 3 ounces butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 12 ounces heavy cream
- 12 ounces milk
- 1 ounce cornstarch
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces smoked gouda cheese, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 1⁄2 ounces artichokes, drained and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 ounces olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked pasta
- 2 ounces white wine
- fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-qt sauce pan or large pot, sauté pancetta (or bacon) over medium/high heat until crisp and golden (not dark).
- Lower heat, add butter and melt.
- Add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Sauté for approximately one minute stirring frequently (do not brown).
- Whisk in cream, milk and cornstarch. Raise heat to medium/high.
- Whisk in Parmesan and Gouda.
- Once cheese melts, add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and let stand uncovered.
- CHICKEN & PASTA PREPARATION:.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Coat chicken in seasoned flour, shake off excess flour.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan.
- Add chicken in a single layer and cook until golden brown on both sides (it should take approximately seven minutes). Using a meat thermometer, make sure the internal temperature of the thickest piece of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Begin pasta in a separate pot according to package directions.
- Add wine to chicken in pan (caution: there will be a low flame in pan). Toss gently until wine is evaporated.
- Once reduced, add sauce and bring to a boil on medium/high heat.
- Place 6 oz of cooked pasta on each plate.
- Evenly distribute chicken and sauce over pasta.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.