1 hr 10 mins
Chef #302958's Note:
We had this for dinner tonight - it was scrumptious. One of the things I like about this dish is that you can cook up a batch and stick it in the freezer for a night when you couldn't be bothered cooking. It's also quite low in fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 kg skinless chicken thigh, trimmed of fat and cut in half
- 1 large brown onion, finely sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (400 g) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed or 1 cup frozen broad bean, thawed and peeled
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives (preferably Kalamata) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- cracked black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes, or until brown. Transfer chicken to casserole dish.
- 3Add onion and celery to pan and cook 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- 4Add mushrooms and garlic and cook 2 minutes, or until mushrooms soften.
- 5Add tomatoes and bouillon. Bring to boil, then pour everything into the casserole dish.
- 6Cover dish tightly and bake in oven for 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- 7Add lima (broad) beans, olives if using, and half the thyme, and cook another 10 minutes or so.
- 8Season with pepper and remaining thyme, and serve with pasta or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Casserole With Tomatoes and Lima (Broad) Beans
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.7
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 207.6 mg
- Sodium 883.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 55.1 g