Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found the recipe in Pit Stop in a Southern Kitchen. I had the chicken, soups and a box of Rice Krispies so I thought I would try it. I did add a few things to fit our taste buds,,,mainly garlic.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can celery soup
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup slivered toasted almond
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- Filling: Mix all ingredients together.
- Topping: Melt butter and pour over almonds and rice krispies. Spread topping over casserole and bake approximately 30 minutes (more if necessary) at 375 degrees.