Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe looks and sounds fantastic! You have to check out the picture on the www.crisco.com website.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and well drained
- 5 ounces small macaroni noodles, cooked and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- HEAT oven to 350°F Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Add chicken. Cook and stir just until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, basil, oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- COMBINE broccoli, macaroni, chicken mixture and 1/4 cup cheese in large bowl. Stir well. Spoon into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- BAKE 20 minutes. Do not overbake. Remove dish to cooling rack. Serve warm.
I liked this. Hubby did too except that he felt that it should have double the noodles. I will try that next time. I did use whole wheat spiral noodles succussfuly in this recipe.
It's great meal when feeding a big family. Everyone loved it and wants to know when it is going to be made again.