Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
We also made this dairy free. From Bette Hagman. For the cream of chicken soup, you could use Homemade Cream Soup. Very good recipe. It does probably need a little seasoning, ie salt/pepper, garlic, etc. And broccoli, precooked a little, would be good in this dish too.
- Preheat oven to 350° and lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and 1/2 cup milk. In another bowl, pour the breading.
- Dip the chicken chunks into the liquid and then roll in the breading.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and brown the chicken until golden. Place in the casserole and add the cheese and ham.
- Prepare the soup and blend in the remaining 1 cup milk, stirring well. Pour over the ham and cheese and bake 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.