Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This chicken casserole is one that I make and it is so good, and my kids love it more than anything else by far. I usually serve it over rice, but it is also very good by itself!!
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb Ritz cracker
- Boil chicken for 1 1/2 hours, drain and
- In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, take shredded.
- chicken and fill the bottom of the dish.
- In a medium bowl mix 2 cans of cream of
- chicken soup with sour cream.
- Take the mixture and spread it over the
- Take 1 tube of Ritz Crackers and grind.
- them up, and then cover the top of the
- casserole with the crackers.
- Then take the butter and melt it, and
- then slowly pour the butter all over the
- dish making sure to cover most of it!
- Last but not least cook on 350 for about
- 35 min., and i promise you won't be
Wonderful! I shredded a rotisserie chicken, added some canned peas, carrots, and potatoes to the soup and sour cream. Placed in an uncooked pie shell and then covered with another uncooked pie shell. I think I added 3/4 cup of melted butter to the mixture as well. Will be making often.
I have made this recipe twice and have to say it is easy and excellent. If my picky 6 yr old DS will finish his plate it is a winner in my house! The first time I made it, I served with rice. The second time I made the recipe as stated but threw a pre-made pie crust over it and called it pot pie. The family went nuts over it, I had to grab some fast to hide for my lunch the next day or there would have been none left! Next time I will use my custard cups and make individual pot pies for us. Thanks for the recipe!