1 hr 15 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
This is a make ahead bake later casserole that I got from the organist at church, thank you Ruth. This needs to be refrigerated for at least 8 hours before you bake it, so the macaroni can absorb the liquid. Talk about good tasting comfort food. YUM! You can use 2 cans of any combination, of the following soups, cr. of mushroom, cr. of potato, cr. of celery, cr. of broccoli or even a can of cheddar soup is what Ruth told me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (or combination)
- 10 1/2 ounces milk (1 soup can)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar sliced pimientos
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1In a LARGE mixing bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- 2Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan.
- 3Cover with a lid or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, so macaroni can absorb liquids.
- 4Bake, uncovered for one hour at 350 degrees (or until heated throughly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Casserole II
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.9
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 679.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 15.5 g