1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #1331983's Note:
This is a simple, yet nutritious meal for dogs and puppies that is easily digested and provides an excellent and natural source of antioxidants, essential vitamins and oils, fiber, proteins and carbohydrates. All the ingredients are recommended by vets as natural sources of nutrition, if prepared correctly, and can serve as one of many recipes in replacing store bought dog foods all-out. NOTE: For puppies, you should take extra care to steam the vegetables longer to make them as soft as possible and easier to digest. If you can see pieces of vegetables in your puppies stool then you should consider steaming your vegetables longer. I would recommend taking this precaution regardless of the dog's size or age.
My Private Note
large f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Begin by steaming all the main vegetables (carrots, cabbage, broccoli, green beans or french beans, spinach leaves) until they are all soft enough to nearly mash or poke through with a fork. Please do not forget to rinse your vegetables thoroughly before steaming them. When the vegetables are steamed, set them aside.
- 2While your vegetables are steaming, place all your chicken in a pot and cover the chicken with enough water so that the water is about 1 inch about all the chicken. Bring the water to a slow boil and let the chicken slowly boil until the meat is cooked and a aromatic chicken broth presents itself. (Don't overcook your chicken to the point that the meat is seemingly dry.).
- 3When the chicken is ready, remove and set aside the chicken and use the chicken broth you have just created to cook the brown rice. In a rice cooker, you will need 3 cups of chicken broth to cook the 1 1/2 cups of brown rice. If you use a regular pot and lid to cook the rice, keep an eye on the level of the broth as it cooks because you may or may not need to add a little broth as the rice cooks to keep from burning or drying out the rice. Better that the rice is a little moist than too dry.
- 4While the rice is cooking, chop your chicken and all your steamed vegetables into small bite-sized pieces (imagine a quarter cut into four equal parts and that is about the size you want).
- 5When the rice is done, combine your chopped chicken, vegetables and brown rice into a large bowl and mix it together adding the olive oil and a little more of the leftover chicken broth as you see fit.
- 6Now the meal is ready but you probably want to let it cool down a little bit before serving it to your dog(s). It can be refridgerated in a sealed container for up to 3 days. Simply placing a small amount in the microwave will melt all the fats and oils in it again and leave your dog's tastebuds jumping!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Casserole for Dogs
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: