Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
There are a lot of chicken casseroles out there but this is the best I've ever had. My kids love it too. Freezes well (let thaw and then bake) and works well for a covered dish meal. I like to serve it with cranberry sauce on the side. And as a reviewer suggested, I have heard of people adding chilies to this recipe. I usually broil my chicken. The results are much tenderer than boiling it. Thigh meat can also be used if you prefer.
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
Marg, I highly recommend this recipe to everyone! It is definitely a comfort food that has flavor galore! The only change that I made was to use only 2 ounces (1/4 cup) of sour cream. This was for personal preference in that I wanted more of the cream of chicken soup flavor to be dominant. We will have it again for sure! Prepared as a participant in the January 2008 Comfort Food Event in the Recipezaar Photo Forum.
- 453.59 g boneless chicken breast, cooked & cubed
- 226.79 g sour cream or 226.79 g plain yogurt
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 591.47 ml herb-seasoned stuffing cubes (or crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter and stuffing.
- Line 2 quart casserole dish with half of it.
- Sprinkle chicken over stuffing.
- Combine sour cream, soup and broth.
- Pour over chicken and top with remaining stuffing.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Tip: I prefer broiled and diced chicken breast.