Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another of Mom's dishes! So yummy!
- 2 cups chicken, cooked & cubed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup mayonnaise, (I use Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions, (or to your taste, I use more)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, dissolved in
- 1⁄2 cup water
- crushed potato chips
- Combine all ingredients mixing thoroughly.
- Place in a casserole dish,cover with crushed potato chips and more almonds, if desired.
- Bake at 400 for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Serves 8.
Thanks for a great casserole recipe! I used cooked and cubed turkey breast meat instead of chicken, and I also used a box of prepared Uncle Ben's Wild Rice mix for the rice in the recipe. I also topped it with crushed ritz crackers like Smilin Jen did. It was totally delicious!! My thanks to your mom as well!!
I've got this in the oven as I type. I tasted the mixture before rinsing out the bowl and I can't wait to try it hot! What a great taste for such an easy meal. I topped it with crushed Ritz crackers instead of potato chips. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
My daughter thinks this is the best dish around.....I've already made it 5 times for her in the last 6 or so weeks