Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It came from a friend. I enjoy this because it is spicy and good.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- bake or grill chicken until done.
- Boil egg noodles until done.
- Combine egg noodles withjalepeno pepper, cream of chicken and mushroom soup.
- Heat throughly.
- In a caserole dish, combine chicken and mixture together adding cheeses as desired.
I mixed first 4 ingredients in a pan and heated it on top of the stove then mixed in noodles and cheeses. Put it in a greased casserole dish and into the oven. The recipe is missed baking temp (I baked at 375) and amount of time to bake (I'm baking for 20 minutes). I also saved some cheese to put on top of the casserole as it baked. I think the golden brown cheese gives it a nice finished look. As I was spooning this into the casserole dish I was thinking peas would be a nice touch added to this recipe. It was funny because as we ate my 12 year old DS said the same thing and I had NOT told anyone of my idea. Great minds think alike, right? lol Made for the Spring PAC 2007 game.
Made for PAC Spring 2007. A simple dish to make, especially if trying to use up leftover chicken. My leftover chicken was boiled, and I think grilled would be tastier. This recipe doesn't really indicate if it's meant to go into the oven, although I assume so since it say to put it in a casserole dish. I chose to make it on top of the stove, combining the chicken, peppers, soups and part of the cheese 'til warmed. Then I stirred in the cooked noodles, and topped with the remaining cheese. I used canned jalapenos and a cojack cheese, rather than pepper jack, since we don't like things really spicy. It's a pleasant blend of flavors.