Recipe by Capncrunch
This recipe was from the local newspaper in Wichita Falls, Texas. Mom fixed it for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Xmas dinner every year...My mom was a great cook! Great replacement for traditional Turkey or Ham.
Top Review by Merlot
What a wonderful tasting casserole and so easy to make too! I used 4 bone-in chicken breasts because we really like white meat. This is a wonderful and quick dish that I will be making over and over again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 package pepperridge farms cornbread stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 package pepperridge farms herb stuffing mix
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 whole chicken or 4 large chicken breast halves (bone in)
- 2 cans chicken stock (saved from cooked chicken)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken and debone, save broth.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease 9x13 pan.
- Mix stuffing, onion, and melted butter together in large bowl.
- Layer some stuffing mixture into pan, then layer of chicken.
- Mix 1 can of soup with a can of broth.
- Pour over the layer of chicken.
- Repeat layer of stuffing, and chicken.
- Mix the other can of soup with 1 can of broth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle a small amount of stuffing on top of dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45-1 hour.