Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this from my ex-mother-in-law - she used to make it all the time for family dinners and it was so good and easy to make !
- 3 cups chicken breasts, cooked & cubed
- 1 (13 ounce) package chicken rice-a-roni
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 (7 ounce) cans water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1 cup potato chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Mix all ingredients except potato chips and paprika in a 9x13 pan.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Before baking, cover with crushed potato chips and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 1 hour or more @ 350 degrees.
- Serves 12. May be divided into two smaller pans and half frozen for later use.
This was another dish I made to share at a neighborhood potluck, & everyone though it was so delicious! Easy to make & a delight to serve! Definitely my kind of dish! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
Good flavor casserole. Made for PAC Spring 2012