Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy but it's really impressive.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Heat oven to 350*.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; brown in oil in skillet.
- Place in 11x7 baking dish.
- Stir soup into skillet; blend in the wine.
- Add mushrooms, water chestnuts, green pepper and thyme.
- Heat to boiling; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
Mizz Nezz, your are right! This was easy and very impressive. I left out the water chestnuts (only because I did not have them on hand), and served it with sauteed mushrooms, which was a nice compliment to the mushrooms that were in the sauce. I like the idea of adding additional veggies next time (peas, broccoli, etc), like Bergy suggested in her review, for a little variety - but is was wonderful just as written. Thanks - it is always nice to find new and different ways to dress up chicken breasts!
Made this ready in the AM popped it in the oven 50 minutes before serving , served with rice, Farm Biscuits & Baked tomatoes. I added broccoli florettes and 1 cup of frozen peas.I would wait and add the brocolli & peas just 15 minutes before serving.. Love the crunch of the waterchestnuts - the chicken was tender and juicy. Thanks MizzNezz for an easy tasty casserole