Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my famous chicken casserole. It is very easy to make and tastes great!!! This is one of my Husband's favorite recipes that I make. I hope you enjoy it.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 6 ounces cornbread stuffing mix (prepared as directed)
- 8 ounces cheese (shredded)
- Boil chicken breasts for 30 minutes or until done and cool.
- Cut up chicken.
- Start with one can of soup on the bottom, a layer of chicken, a layer of stuffing, and a layer of cheese. Continue until ingredients are gone. Last layer being a little cheese on the top.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
This was just okay - I used much less soup than the recipe called for (only one can instead of three) and still found it quite rich. I think next time I will either try a different flavour of soup or use a can of gravy (or homemade frozen). It presents exceptionally well though, especially with a vegetable for extra colour and texture. After I tweak it just a bit for our liking I can see me having no problem serving this to company or bringing to a potluck.
This is a very quick and tasty recipe. I love stuffing...so yummy!! The only changes I made were to add a bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Thanks for the recipe!!