Marsha D.'s Note:
This recipe comes from the Paula Deen Magazine. It's adapted from Leanne Morgan. I wanted to keep this recipe to try so I thought I would share with others too. I think adding a can of Veg-all vegetables might be good in this too so I am adding it to the recipe. You can omit the Veg-all if you want :) NOTE: Since I don't buy can soups anymore I use Cream Of Mushroom Soup for the mushroom soup stated in this recipe. Also the original recipe calls for 2 Tbs. lemon juice added in with all the ingredients but I omitted it in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can of veg-all vegetables
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white onions, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- tollhouse buttery cracker, crushed, 1 sleeve of
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350'
- 2Lightly spray a 13x9 baking dish with Pam cooking oil spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine chicken, rice, soup, veg-all vegetables, celery, onion, mayonnaise almonds and chicken broth.
- 4Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 5In a small bowl combine crushed buttery crackers with the melted butter.
- 6Combine gently to coat.
- 7Sprinkle cracker crumbs over casserole and bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown and bubbly.
- 8NOTE: This casserole can be covered and chilled overnight. Be sure to bring to room temperature before baking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.6
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.2 mg
- Sodium 847.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: