Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from the Paula Deen Magazine. It's adapted from Leanne Morgan. I wanted to keep this recipe to try so I thought I would share with others too. I think adding a can of Veg-all vegetables might be good in this too so I am adding it to the recipe. You can omit the Veg-all if you want :) NOTE: Since I don't buy can soups anymore I use Cream Of Mushroom Soup for the mushroom soup stated in this recipe. Also the original recipe calls for 2 Tbs. lemon juice added in with all the ingredients but I omitted it in this recipe.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) canof veg-all vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups white onions, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- tollhouse buttery cracker, crushed, 1 sleeve of
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350'
- Lightly spray a 13x9 baking dish with Pam cooking oil spray.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, rice, soup, veg-all vegetables, celery, onion, mayonnaise almonds and chicken broth.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine crushed buttery crackers with the melted butter.
- Combine gently to coat.
- Sprinkle cracker crumbs over casserole and bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown and bubbly.
- NOTE: This casserole can be covered and chilled overnight. Be sure to bring to room temperature before baking.