Recipe by Adria82
The "secret" to this tasty chicken and stuffing casserole is in the white wine! My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and it's a perfect make-ahead company dinner. My husband loves it with mashed potatoes and peas. Enjoy! Edited to add: I agree with reviewers who mentioned this dish was too salty so I took out the salt but kept the ground black pepper. :o)
Top Review by petlover
I made this exactly as directed ( maybe a tad more wine) and it came out delish! In general, I am not fond of cream soup recipes but I needed something in a hurry. My only complaint is that it was too salty (I did leave out the added salt also).o wished there would have been more stuffing .. Anyway, thanks for this great recipe-I am going to try it again with more stuffing , unsalted butter and a bit less soup.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (NOT cooking wine!)
- 1⁄4 lb butter, melted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix (like Pepperidge Farm)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Rub chicken with pepper.
- Place chicken in 9X13 baking dish.
- Top chicken with cheese slices.
- Thin the soup with wine, mixing until smooth, and pour over chicken.
- Mix stuffing with melted butter and sprinkle over top of chicken.
- Bake, UNCOVERED, for 1 1/2 hours.