Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
The "secret" to this tasty chicken and stuffing casserole is in the white wine! My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and it's a perfect make-ahead company dinner. My husband loves it with mashed potatoes and peas. Enjoy! Edited to add: I agree with reviewers who mentioned this dish was too salty so I took out the salt but kept the ground black pepper. :o)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Rub chicken with pepper.
- Place chicken in 9X13 baking dish.
- Top chicken with cheese slices.
- Thin the soup with wine, mixing until smooth, and pour over chicken.
- Mix stuffing with melted butter and sprinkle over top of chicken.
- Bake, UNCOVERED, for 1 1/2 hours.