Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Personal version of Paula Deen's Chicken Casserole
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth (I use 1 cp)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken (1 Rotisserie Chicken all meat removed)
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (divide 2cp + 1cp)
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) sliced almonds, package (toasted preferably)
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento (chopped, drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) sliced mushrooms (Can, drained)
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, toss together the noodles, soup, broth, and sherry. Add the chicken, 2 cps of cheese, almonds, pimentos, mushrooms, and salt and pepper to taste, and toss gently and combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 13x9x2-inch pan casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minute.